The SANS Securing The Human team is looking for a technical developer to help grow our organization. We are a fast growing division of about 10 people within the SANS Institute. The position is to help design, build, test and maintain our current online training platform. This is a fast paced environment as we are continually growing and innovating. You will have a big impact on how we grow our organization. If you or anyone you know may be interested please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Full-time position, starting immediately
Location: Work from home. Preferably North America, GMT-5 or GMT-6 time zones.
- Must have strong background in PHP, include reporting.
- Good knowledge of CSS and GUI design
- Reasonable knowledge of MySQL
- Must have worked in high pace environment
- Must have testing experience
- Must have experience with SVNs
- Must have experience in enterprise level development. Web application development (JAVA, .NET) maybe nice to have for future development objectives.
- Must have experience with cross browser development and old to modern browser development
- Must be customer focused
- Needs to have high aptitude for troubleshooting
- Experience with error trapping routines and catch code
- Effective with communication through various mediums such including Skype, Email, and voice.
- Knows that well documented code is a standard practice.
- Can handle high output work efforts.
- Knowledge of JQuery
- Knowledge of Linux / UNIX environments.
- Experience with HTML5, Video and FLASH.
- Ability to create custom Jquery plugins
Other: During your interview, you will be given a technical assessment. We are not looking for encyclopaedic knowledge of languages, but we are looking for demonstrated in-depth understanding.